The Department of Physics and Engineering of ITMO University (Saint-Petersburg, Russia) opens a two-year postdoctoral position in theoretical nanophotonics.
The position is supported by the Russian Scientific Foundation and is aimed at recruiting young and motivated researchers to join the active team of Theoretical Nanophotonics division.
The Department of Physics and Engineering and is actively developing international research centre in optics and photonics, condensed matter physics, and microwave physics. Launched in 2000 under the Russian Federation program of excellence, today it hosts more than 300 researchers working in 5 international laboratories keeping the leading positions among Russian research institutions.
Besides the strong educational programs gathering top Russian undergraduate and graduate students, the department annually holds several major international scientific events:
The fusion of strong traditional Russian school of theoretical and experimental physics and worldwide collaborative network make the Department of Physics and Engineering an international hub with a unique environment for conducting cutting edge scientific research.
The current research directions are related but not limited to:
- Nonlinear nanophotonics with high-Q resonant states;
- Opto- and acoustomechanical manipulations;
- Waveguide quantum electrodynamics.
The research agenda also includes the fields of all-dielectric and two-dimensional nanophotonics, topological photonics, and condensed matter physics.
We expect the candidate to fulfill the following requirements:
- successfully completed PhD or be close to its accomplishment;
- strong qualification and skills in analytical/numerical modeling of nanophotonics structures and/or quantum optics simulations;
- excellent publication record demonstrating the ability of independent research;
- be ready to responsibly lead own projects keeping open and effective communication and collaboration within the group;
- fluency in spoken and written English;
- share our principles and values.
We also expect that the candidate will share our values of academic freedom, collaborative research environment, and respect of colleagues disregard their formal position, age, gender, race, ethnic or religious background.
The position will be open until a suitable candidate will be found. Candidates may apply prior to obtaining their PhD degree.
The application should contain:
- cover letter stating your research experience and current research interest and motivation;
- list of publications;
- names of two referees.
The applications should be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF file. Any informal inquiries regarding the details of the positions can be addressed to Assist. Profs. Mihail Petrov (email@example.com) or Andrey Bogdanov (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Lomonosova street, 9, Saint-Petersburg, Russia