The Department of Physics and Engineering and is actively developing an international research center in optics and photonics, condensed matter physics, and microwave physics. Launched in 2000 under the Russian Federation program of excellence, today, it hosts more than 300 researchers working in 5 international laboratories keeping the leading positions among Russian research institutions.
To conduct experiments in the radio-frequency and microwave ranges, the team has the following major equipment:
- anechoic chamber (dimensions: 9m x 5m x 4m);
- 3-coordinate precision near-field scanner;
- Agilent Technologies PNA E8362C Vector Network Analyzer (10 MHz-20 GHz);
- Agilent Technologies PNA E8362C Vector Network Analyzer Calibration Kit (10 MHz - 20 GHz);
- Agilent HP 83020A signal amplifier (2 GHz - 26 GHz);
- ultra-wideband antennas TMA 1.0-18.0 KV (750 MHz - 18 GHz);
- azimuthal rotary device.
For prototyping of antennas and resonators of the radio-frequency range of wavelengths, the team has auxiliary equipment:
- CNC engraving-milling machine HIGH-Z S-1400;
- 3-axis CNC Milling and drilling machine;
- guillotine shears;
- soldering robot EVERPRECISION EP-SR;
- 3D printer.
The position will be open until a suitable candidate is found. Candidates may apply before obtaining their Ph.D. degrees.
The application should contain:
- cover letter stating your research experience and current research interest and motivation;
- list of publications;
- names of two referees.
The applications should be submitted via email@example.com in a single PDF file. Any informal inquiries regarding the details of the positions can be addressed to Prof. Polina Kapitanova (firstname.lastname@example.org).