PhD project will be related to the rapidly evolving area of topological photonics. The research will include analytical studies, numerical simulations and close collaboration with the experimental team at the Department. At the same time, PhD student will be involved in the international collaboration with the leading experts all over the world with the possibility to attend international conferences and visit international collaborators from the first year of PhD. The results of research will be published in highly cited international journals such as Nature Photonics, Nature Communications, Laser & Photonics Reviews and Physical Review Letters.
PhD Advisor Dr. Maxim Gorlach, Assistant Professor
1. Work on current research projects and presentation of the results in prestigious international journals;
2. Presentation of the results at scientific seminars and conferences;
3. Educational activities (part-time tuition of the Bachelor-level students);
4. Collaboration with the experimental team, interpretation of experimental results.
1. Application for grants and personal scholarships.